Thursday, January 21, 2010

Superstitions...

i was sitting around trying to think of ideas for my series and my friend kept playing with the salt. it reminded me of the superstition, if you spill salt you have to take a pinch and throw it over your shoulder. that's when i got the idea for superstitions and bad luck. i dumped out some of the salt onto the table and made a skull then set up my picture. that picture is my favorite because it is creative and captivating and aesthetically pleasing. the second picture is a broken mirror which is supposed to bring 7 years of bad luck. this is my second favorite picture because i like they mystery and the illusion of the picture. i also like the set up and the angle i chose. my third picture represents the superstition, opening an umbrella inside a house brings bad luck. my goals for photography in the future are to become better at making a strong connection with the viewer. i would like to take pictures that people want to look at for a long time. to captivate people with my photography and keep them enlightened would make me a better artist and photographer.
















No comments:

Post a Comment